When shopping for a rucksack it’s important to know the reason why a rucksack would be a better option to bring to work than a backpack.
And that reason?
To house more of your work items and to provide a more secure and convenient carrying experience.
Rucksack designs tend to allow for more storage capacity than a regular backpack making them the perfect option to carry all the things you might need for work such as laptop, documents, change of clothes for the gym, etc.
They’re a more robust alternative to a backpack.
If that sounds like something you need I’ll guide you to find the best rucksack to take with you to work. This will be your daily carry all, so make sure to invest in a bag that will last you for years to come.
- Jump to the #1 Choice Best Rucksack for Work
- Need Help Choosing One? See our Buying Guide Section
- Check out My Budget Pick for Rucksacks
In this guide, I’m going to give you an overview and outline of each of the 5 rucksacks I chose to be considered one of the best rucksacks for work. Each one was chosen for a different reason that had an individual factor or aspect that would cater to one individual than another.
- If you want the best of the best, you can’t go wrong with a premium rucksack from PKU that can easily house your laptop and other work belongings with ease. This is the perfect choice for most office workers. It’s a high quality bag that provides the aesthetic, storage, and carrying convenience needed for a comfortable commute to the office.
- If you need a military-grade rucksack that is designed for an office environment, the Mardingtop Tactical Backpack is a great option. It’s a combination of a backpack and rucksack that takes the best of both worlds. It has the shape of a backpack but the durability and protection of a rucksack. This is a great choice to guard your work stuff.
- This rucksack is specially designed for photographers, it’s called the Kattee Canvas Rucksack and for my photographers out there who need a rucksack, get it. It has specialized compartments to house and protect all your camera gear for work. It has the vintage appeal and functionality to be a great work bag.
- If you want a traditional military rucksack look, I recommend getting the Reebow Gear Rucksack. In terms of storage, none of the other bags come close to it. It’s perfect if you have a lot of office equipment or belongings to take with you.
- If you are on a budget and want a regular vintage rucksack, I can’t think of a better choice than the Gingood Canvas Bag. It’s one of the most popular options online for a rucksack that has a little bit of everything in terms of storage and looks that a business professional can appreciate in a rucksack.
Premium rucksacks include quality materials, design, and construction that satisfy both the form and functionality needed for a pack. With those aspects in mind, I chose this vintage rucksack from PKV because they not only included all the previously mentioned features, but because it’s an all-around great rucksack that is suitable for any event or situation.
And it is definitely made to take with you to work.
The rucksack includes a laptop sleeve that can fit a standard laptop or MacBook. And it also includes other compartments that are designed to hold things like your tablet, documents, phones, wallet, etc. And to top it off: the interior is padded for extra protection of your belongings.
As for the exterior:
It has a vintage aesthetic that is appealing to both men and women and the combo of genuine cow leather trim/canvas material improves the bag’s longevity. If you want a work rucksack that you can invest long-term, I recommend getting this quality backpack.
A regular bag doesn’t cut it in terms of durability and longevity. But with military-grade rucksacks, they are specially designed to last for years to come while protecting your belongings better than a regular work backpack.
With that in mind, I chose this tactical rucksack/backpack combo from Mardingtop is made of a durable 35L and 600d polyester material.
If your work is important, then you’ll want to invest in this military-esque pack to secure and protect those belongings. It will safely house your laptops, files, work documents, phone, wallet, etc. Since this will be your daily carrying pack, make sure you get something that will guard your livelihood.
And this rucksack is perfect for carrying a heavy load of items. So if your work requires you bringing a lot of items to the office or job site, then I can’t think of a better backpack than the Mardingtop Tactical.
For my photographers out there, a rucksack is the perfect choice to use for your work. It provides the protection needed to safely house your cameras, DSLR, lenses, etc. In addition, it’s much more convenient to carry around than a camera bag and is more low-profile to not catch unwanted eyes.
With that in mind, the best rucksack for photographers would go to the Kattee Canvas Rucksack Bag.
This backpack is specially made with several compartments to house your camera equipment. There are specialized slots to store lenses and cameras. In addition, there are extra storage compartments to hold things like your clothes and other work belongings.To top it off: the manufacturer included a rain cover that can guard the bag and your equipment from rain and water damage.
The other thing to appreciate about the rucksack is the material design.
The vintage cowhide exterior provides an attractive aesthetic that is in the realms of both casual and professional. This makes this backpack perfect to bring for work.
If you’re looking for a military grade rucksack that will securely house all your important work items, look no further than the Reebow Tactical Backpack.
It’s a beast of a work backpack that is specially design to survive rough conditions with its high density fabric exterior that is also water resistant. In addition, it can easily house a lot of items with its 40L storage capacity.
If you want something that will withstand the test of time, this bag can definitely take that challenge with its potential longevity.
To compare this bag to something, it would have to be tank because this bag can take a beating. If you have a lot of work belongings that need to be carried to and from work easily and needs a lot of storage as well, you can’t go wrong with picking up the Reebow Gear Military pack.
If you’re looking for a traditional rucksack with the vintage design and durable canvas material we’ve all come to love, I recommend giving the Gingood Rucksack a chance.
This bag is a combination of all the things we expect out of a quality rucksack. An attractive rucksack design with the storage capacity needed to house all the things we need for work. It can house a windows laptop up to 14” or a MacBook. In addition there are 5 interior pockets that can secure your files, documents, wallet, phone, etc.
You’re getting a combination of form and functionality with this rucksack.
To top it off:
It’s a budget friendly option that won’t break the bank. Compared to many other packs, it’s priced competitively so men, women, office workers, students, etc. can appreciate and use this bag for a long period of time. And it doesn’t sacrifice quality. You’re still getting the 100% canvas material with vintage aesthetic.